Wednesday, January 17, 2007

If I was a superhero...

My daughter sometimes asks me what superpower I would like most. I think I would have to say the ability to fly. No cape. Apparently I won't get my wish. According to thesuperheroquiz.com I would be Wonder Woman if I were a superhero. I think Catwoman is much more interesting, but that nasty do gooder streak of mine eliminated my chances. Try it for yourself at www.thesuperheroquiz.com.

If you like comics or even comic genius try Stuff: The Life of a Cool Demented Dude by Jeremy Strong.

Part novel, part comic strip, this is the story of Stuff (AKA Simon) who is a fourteen-year-old boy with a host of problems. His father’s girlfriend has moved in with her evil daughter and feminist attack rabbit. He has fallen for the new girl at school even though he has a girlfriend and now the girlfriend’s insane big brother is going to pound him. Luckily, his art teacher at school has recognized his genius and given him free hand to draw his comic strip for the school paper. I liked the comic strip inserted throughout the book. Let me know what you think.

No comments: